Thursday, June 26, 2008

Ratings, Tag Clouds, and So Much More!

Big update to the GEAN Blog and for multiple reasons! Today Blogger Draft launched a ton of new features, and I have already applied some to the GEAN Blog:

One big thing that you will notice is that now posts have ratings turned on, so you can give each post a 1-5 star rating. I'm not sure if this will really catch on, but if you want, go ahead and rate some posts! If you didn't like the Weezer album or loved Dr. Dog, then go ahead and rate 'em.

Secondly, there is now a tag cloud on the left of this page. I'm still not exactly sure how I want to tweak it, but I found a hack to get it there and I really think that as time goes by a tag cloud will really be cool for this blog, to see certain things gain popularity. So any feed back on that would be great, just comment on this post.

Third, if you do log in to Blogger Draft, then you get to use an all new text editor for making the posts. It's pretty nifty, you can now drag and drop pictures around in the post! To read about all the wonderful things it can do, just hit up this post from Google. Just remember, to use the new post editor you need to log into Blogger Draft.

As for the other news for the blog, the Twitter part is still broken but I will be sure to have it up and running and back to awesome as soon as Twitter fixes itself. Also I had to turn off the emails you get when people comment on the blog, Blogger only allows up to ten emails to be sent and GEAN Blog now has over ten people posting to it, so now if you want to keep up to date on comments, use the RSS/Atom Feed which is on the left of this blog.

-Cody
P.S. Don't forget to check out that bitchin' Tag Cloud!

[Update: I also remade the header at the top, it's no longer in Flash but now instead an animated GIF. Should now work on the iPhone. For more info check this out.]

No comments:

Post a Comment